ANR National Award for Sridevi

I am sure she would have felt humbled. I accept this award on her behalf with humility. I am proud to receive this award on behalf of Sridevi. Thanks to Akkineni Foundation, Akkineni family and T Subbarami Reddy garu for this prestigious award. Thank you.

Boney Kapoor

The ANR National award, named after Tollywood stalwart Akkineni Nageswar Rao is an international trust foundation that recognises film artistes whose body of work has made a lasting impact of outstanding artistic, cultural and commercial significance to the field of cinema. The first award was presented to Bollywood actor Dev Anand in 2006.

Sridevi was honoured for her contribution to cinema for the year 2018. While Rekha was felicitated for excellence in cinema for 2019. Award is presented at a special function on November 17th, 2019. Tollywood Megastar Chiranjeevi is the chief guest for the evening.

Whilst Rekha stunned everyone with her speech in Telugu.

I spent 10 years in Annapurna studios. This is a happy moment for me to come back to place today. Nageswara Rao garu guided me with a lot of things about the industry and acting. His words helped me a lot in my career. As per my mother's last wish, I did a Telugu film after a long time. I will do a Telugu film soon by clearly learning Telugu like Sridevi garu.

Rekha

Akkineni's pose with Rekha

Comments

Popular Posts