This day that year!
"During a hilarious, if gruelling two-hour make-up session, the bald, round-faced gent was ‘morphed’ jowls and all, by Mickey, into the sultry, dreamy-eyed beauty called Prabhadevi. A great complexion, a near perfect nose and a mouth made for seduction, I’m sure Anupam himself had no idea of his hidden potential!"
"I was shooting with Amitabh (who had been told the night before by a suddenly stricken Anupam!) the day of the issue’s release. Jaya, having read the story, tossed the magazine aside with disdain. 'Such cheap sensationalism. I admit she does look a bit like Sridevi, but…' I will never forget Jaya’s face when Amit, who couldn’t contain himself any longer, blurted out the truth. Disbelief, giving way to incredulity, shock, amazement, till at last she dissolved into peals of laughter. Sometimes, even now, remembering Jay’s gasps and giggles, I laugh out loud."
writes Rajadhyaksha in his book FACES.


-853X543.jpg)

Comments
Post a Comment