Maheshwari Ayyappan's clothing line launch

Maheshwari Ayyappan launches a label Angasutra Designer Boutique on December 1st, 2014. The collection predominantly boasts of gowns and western wear in a wide range of color palette. And icon Sridevi, backs that up!

In Hyderabad for the launch, Sridevi was photographed wearing a green silk dress. Aside from the big hair and dark lip, a statement necklace, Swarovski studded Gucci clutch and a pair of sparkly Louboutins finished out her look.

Between the hair, make-up, sparkly pumps, necklace and pop of color (via the clutch), the actor still cut a striking picture.

Dressed in a velvety dark green evening gown designed by Maheshwari herself, Sridevi managed to make everyone fall for her all over again even though she kept the media waiting for two hours. “I have been wearing her designs for quite a while. Everyone liked it. That’s when I started pushing her further to launch her own brand,” shared the actress who set foot in the industry as a child.

Maheshwari on her part says that changing gears from acting to designing clothes was challenging. “In terms of acting, I just had to go in front of the camera and recite the lines. But for designing, I had to bring in my creative best. There are many designers in the industry. In order to compete with them, I had to give my best.”

The collection she has launched is evening wear. “After researching a bit, I realised that there is a lot of demand for evening wear but there are not many designers who focus on it. That’s when I decided to make it my Unique Selling Proposition.” She has wide range of collection of evening gowns, ghagras and sarees. The collection priced between Rs 7,000 to Rs 40,000.


Comments

Popular Posts