Tamil Nadu State Award for Sridevi

Sridevi won the Tamil Nadu State Award for Best Actress for Moondram Pirai, she missed out on the National Award. Talking about it a decade later in a 1993 interview with Tinsel Town, the actress said:

"At that time and age, these things never mattered. When I learnt that Kamal had won the award, I was very happy for him. It never occurred to me that I could have also won it. I was quite indifferent. However, today my reaction would be different. I would be sorely disappointed."

According to Thyagarajan, who was the producer of Moondram Pirai (1982), Sridevi was a strong contender for the National Film Award for Best Actress, but lost to Shabana Azmi because of politics: 

"The makers of Arth had lobbied for Shabana Azmi to make her win. By the time we got to know this, it was too late".

Comments

Popular Posts