Padma Awards 2013
President Pranab Mukherjee presents the Padma Shri award to Sridevi during the presentation of the 'Padma Awards 2013' at The Presidential Palace in New Delhi on April 5th, 2013.
"It's my good fortune that people still love me and want me on screen. The Padma Shri came as a very pleasant surprise. I am deeply honoured."
"I don't know what I did to deserve it. But I must have done something right to be honoured by our government."
"At this stage in my life and career, I don't hanker for any awards. But the Padma Shri is special. It shows that the government has recognised my work, and that feels good. Acknowledgement and recognition from authoritative quarters are important to every artiste."
"I started young when I was 6. But I don't feel I've been acting for so many years. I still approach every film and role like it's my first. Though 'English Vinglish' was my director Gauri Shinde's debut film, I felt like a newcomer as much as she did.
"It is very important for an artiste to be excited about her work in every phase of her career. If a tiredness seeps into one's attitude it will show in the quality of one's work Somewhere I think my honesty towards my word is being acknowledged by the Padma Shri. That I've managed to go so far in my life is all due to the support of my fans and well-wishers and my husband Boney."













.jpg)











-853X543.jpg)

Comments
Post a Comment