Design One Exhibition by Sahachari Foundation

Sridevi in a pastel Sabyasachi suit, inaugurated the third edition of Design One, an exhibition to raise funds for NGOs and promote young designer held at The Lodhi, New Delhi on 13th March 2013.

Sridevi felt that it's exciting times for women in the country as there is work being done to empower them. "Things are changing now and that's the reason I'm here," she said.

“Design One is an exciting event to be associated with. The causes that Sahachari Foundation works for and the charities it supports are important to social development. I think it is a wonderful idea to bring about awareness and give back to society through events such as these designer exhibitions, where the scope of raising funds is immense. I admire the dedication and solidarity with which the wonderful ladies of Sahachari have worked.” she added.

Sridevi with a female driver from Sakha Cabs, which aims to provide safe transport for women. The car in the background was donated to Sakha Cabs on behalf of the Sahachari Foundation. "Like the first time how I worked with a woman director in English Vinglish, I travelled with a woman taxi driver. It was quite exciting and thrilled," Sridevi said. Talking about her driver, the actress said, "Her name is Savita and she was really good."

Sridevi with Joint GM – The Lodhi, Robyn Bickford and Amruda Nair

Sridevi, pictured here with the Sahachari Foundation commitee members Nilima Kilachand, Meenakshi Bajaj, Lakshmi Nair, Gauri Pohoomul, Sheela Bhogilal and Mala Goenkasaid: "I think it is a wonderful idea to bring about awareness and give back to society through events such as these designer exhibitions, where the scope of raising funds is immense."
The actress checks out some of the designer wares at the SHINE stall. Featured designers included Masaba, Abha Dalmia, Falguni Mehta, Anjali Kalia, Rina Singh, Neeru & Madhu, and many others.
Sridevi and Shekhar Gupta
Atsu Sekoe, Sridevi & Amruda Nair
Abha Dalmia shows Sridevi her Sarees
Abha Dalmia presents a saree to Sridevi

Comments

Popular Posts