Veena Gayathri about Sridevi

THE STARSEED - Sridevi occupies a very special place in my heart. I first met her in early 70s when the popular children's magazine, VAANDU MAMA arranged for an interview, or rather a conversation between the Queen of celluloid/former child actress Baby Sridevi and myself in my residence in early 70s. Sridevi came home with her mother, her eyes oozing angelic 'thejas'. I instantly recognised something unique and ethereal about her. A quality that defined her as someone beyond her stature as an extraordinary actress who took Indian film industry by storm. I recognize her as a Starseed with a karmic agenda on this planet and as God's own child. Her prophetic statement that she would make it big as an actress (during our interview) rings in my ears till this day. In our childish conversation (in Telugu) Sridevi told me that she was learning Veena and her favourite hobby was to draw and colour pictures. I showed her my drawings. We played on a swing for sometime. She told me in hushed tones that she didn't want to become a 'big' girl! We met again in the interval of Kabhie Kabhie in Shanti theatre. We told each other that we would keep in touch, but destiny took us in different directions. Her English Vinglish is my most favourite movie till date. A Starseed deserted Planet Earth when Sridevi left this world........#veenaagayathri #Sridevi


Comments

Popular Posts